16 October 2015

Lam's Abalone Noodles

Lam's Abalone Noodles

Tucked away on a rather unnoticeable street on Race Course Road, Lam’s Abalone Noodles has been around since 1975. Serving not just abalone noodles, they have another signature dish which is the salt baked chicken. Having heard about it for the longest time, I finally made my way down on a Saturday afternoon to check this place out!




It wasn’t difficult to decide on what to order. My mind was easily made up to get the Lam’s Abalone Noodle ($6.80) and Salt Baked Fresh Chicken Thigh ($5.50 or $6.50 with rice). Place your order at the stall and the food will be served to you in no time thanks to their prompt service.


The abalone noodles looked very tantalizing with a satay stick holding 2 abalone and 1 scallop, Japanese molten lava egg, meat and fried fish ball. I gave the mee pok a good toss and every strand was coated with the sauce heavily laded with chilli and pork lard. Slurping down these noodles was definitely a shiok experience as it was packed with a bunch of flavors! Next, I tried the main stars of these bowl that contributed to the price tag of it. I found the abalone to be lacking in taste and bite to it, but the scallop better with the sweetness! The touch of the lava egg definitely did add brownie points for me as I’m an avid egg lover. 


I was so eager to try the salt baked chicken as we unwrapped it and unveiled the brown baked skin with lots of meat juice and oil! This was served with a sour and spicy thai chilli sauce. The meat was really tender and tasty, especially when dipped into the tangy chilli sauce. I saw pieces of dang gui floating in the sauce, so herbs was also used to bring out the flavors! I think I might have a hard time the next visit as I foresee myself struggling to decide whether to order the full chicken instead!

Lam’s Abalone Noodles is located at:

460 Race Course Road
Singapore 218700
Tues - Sun | 1100 - 2100

Other outlets: Marina Square, Causeway Point (Food Republic), Parkway Parade (Food Republic), Toa Payoh (HDB Hub Koufu - Coming Soon)