21 May 2014

Les Bouchons, Ann Siang Hill

Les Bouchons, Ann Siang Hill

Tucked amongst the street of bars along ann siang road is a small & intimate restaurant named Les Buchons. Total capacity for the place is about 30 people including the 3 tables outside. With that being said, please do make a reservation if you wanna avoid waiting since space is pretty limited! 

The selection of food on their menu has a limited range - great for the fickle-minded. With such specialization in steak, they had to be good in order to survive! Please do refer to their website for the menu :)


We were served with some bread & butter while waiting for our food. However, bread was very hard and was kind of difficult to eat? I would suggest skipping this & leave more space for the fries instead! More on that below :) 

I had the Grilled Rib Eye Steak with "Vigneron" Butter (pictured above, $38.80) & my friend had the Grilled Sirloin Steak with Herb ($38.80). All of their mains come with free flow home made fries & salad. We started off with the salad dressed with vinaigrette, which was a refreshing start to the meal. The steaks came beautifully grilled & I was pleasantly surprised by the size of it! Les Buchons steak is just the way I'd like my steak to be - thick, juicy, tender yet slightly chewy. I had requested for medium but it seemed to be a little on the rare side but that worked for me too because the steak was really incredible that I was still thinking about it the next day...

The French fries were deep fried in duck fat - truly the French manner? I like how I can bite into the fries and chew on the potato, nothing like those "airy" fries! It got even better with the juice from the steak (yes it was so juicy that I could use it as a sauce for my fries...) 

I haven't mentioned anything about the condiments, because I felt that there wasn't a great need for them when the steak is already so well executed. 5 condiments were served, which includes horseradish, whole grained mustard, Dijon mustard, mayonnaise and bearnaise. I liked bearnaise the most as the buttery taste which was further elevated by the herbs mixed in is simple, yet satisfying. 

If you're a steak lover, this is the place for your next dinner out! At this price tag, I would say that it's one of the best steaks I've had! Also, service was attentive. We had to send a steak back as it was slightly overcooked and they kindly acceded to our request :)

Les Buchons is located at
7 Ann Siang Road
Singapore 069689